Accounting Supervisor - Finance/Child Welfare
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Supervises and directs the Accounting Technicians and the Funding Specialists of the Child Welfare Accounting unit. Directs the preparation and timely processing of Child Welfare Foster Care/Adoption, Core Services, and Case Services payrolls on the Colorado TRAILS computer system which drives reporting to the state to ensure appropriate federal and state reimbursement for services. Oversees the funding determination process to ensure the highest reimbursement to the state and to ensure compliance with all mandated requirements to avoid audit sanctions.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Monitors work of subordinates and reviews work with each employee for accuracy, quality, quantity, appropriateness, and compliance with rules and regulations.
- Monitors unit workflow and makes adjustments to staff assignments as necessary to accomplish optimal use of staff time and expertise; makes changes in procedures to accomplish team goals.
- Conducts regular supervisory meetings individually and as a team, providing feedback to staff regarding performance and methods to improve performance; motivates staff for optimum performance and achievement.
- Provides and monitors staff training.
- Implements corrective procedures on all audit compliance issues for Foster Care and Core Services programs, IV-E, and MOE funding programs.
- Performs technical accounting functions such as preparation of required state reports and other functions to ensure Volume V requirements are met.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two (2) to five (5) years accounting experience; strongly prefer experience with Human Services accounting functions. Minimum three (3) years direct supervisory experience.
- Education and Training: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- License or Certification: Possession or or ability to obtain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.