Application Programmer/Analyst III-160807
Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Perform complex professional work in computer applications systems development and administration to support Adams County administration business objectives.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Performs a variety of complex and technical duties in the design, programming, testing, and maintenance of an assigned set of computer applications and/or data.
- Administers complex commercial off the shelf software applications.
- Works with end users to design application solutions with little supervision.
- Assists users in implementing and supporting application systems including installation, documentation, training, troubleshooting, and modifying.
- Maintains current working knowledge of all assigned applications systems and peripheral technology.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on county business.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Technical proficiency in programming languages and development with an emphasis on Microsoft tools and technologies.
- Thorough understanding of structured programming principles, system analysis techniques, system design, industry standards, system implementation, user training, and follow-up.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of database administration with MS SQL Server and related principles such as performance, disaster recovery, security, etc.
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems, work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Computer skills: Experience with any of the following applications would be a plus: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, SharePoint, Accela Automation, Cartegraph, OpenText eDocs, Kofax, Ultimus, Oncore, CME/VAST, Moodle, Crystal Reports, BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Minimum of six continuous years of related experience.
- Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from and accredited University.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion/as needed.