Building Maintenance Tech II
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Join our team of highly qualified Building Maintenance Technicians to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of County buildings, facilities, and fixtures including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, heating, air conditioning, and painting.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Maintain and repair County facilities, equipment, and buildings by performing a variety of skilled electrical, plumbing, painting, heating and air conditioning, and mechanical repair work.
- Install, adjust, repair and inspect heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment including forced air furnaces, boiler, water pumps, chillers, air conditioning units, exhaust fans, air filters, compressors, cooling towers, and heat exchangers.
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, faucets, and pipes; clear obstructions from lines.
- Perform minor carpentry work including the construction, installation, remodeling, and repairing of cabinets, partitions, walls, windows, doors, roofs, foundations, and other carpentry work.
- Inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs and safety issues.
- Install, maintain, and repair a variety of floor coverings such as carpeting, tile, linoleum and wood, and roof coverings.
- Operate, maintain, and repair a variety of mechanical tools and equipment such as power saws, power sanders, drills, air compressors, paint sprayers, sewer augers, and various hand tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance work.
- Trim, edge, weed, water, mow, and perform grounds maintenance activities.
- Read and interpret sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Perform snow removal duties.
- Repair and maintain electrical lighting systems and fixtures.
- Monitor and maintain preventive maintenance records and logs.
- May perform minor custodial duties when necessary.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Basic theory of electricity.
- Basic theory and practices of plumbing.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Computer skills: Proficient with basic computer programs and work order systems, including MS Office and JDE.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience in the full range of building maintenance and construction, including electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
- Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Additional specialized technical training in building maintenance is desirable.
- License or Certificate: Possession of a valid Colorado Diver's License, with no restrictions.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
- Exposure to cold, heat, extreme noise, outdoors, confining work space, electrical hazards, vibration, chemicals and dust, toxic waste, mechanical hazards, explosive materials.
Work Location: Work location will vary throughout Adams County