Career Center Specialist I - Temporary
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
We are seeking a candidate to assess customers to determine highest need and refer to appropriate community resources and assist customers in employment activities designed for the purpose of job seekers obtaining viable employment.
Temporary position lasts approximately four to six months.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provide excellent customer service to help customers in the Career Center; provide technical assistance, answer questions, and make appropriate referrals to other programs.
- Input, retrieve, and modify data utilizing multiple computer-based systems.
- Ensure confidentiality of all files and records, maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, guidance, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain confidential case files in conjunction with other team members, based upon program demand, including accurate tracking of activities, services, and expenses.
- Communicate both orally and in writing with customers, employers, partners and outside agency staff.
- Responsible for adhering to time frames while meeting with and contacting customers per program policy and guidelines.
- Work flexible hours at any Adams County location as required to meet the business need. Locations are in Westminster, Brighton and North Aurora areas.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Demonstrated ability with PC's, MS Office, internet skills, keyboarding skills, and ability to operate office equipment.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proper phone and email etiquette.
- Ability to use critical thinking methods to prioritize, make analytical decisions, and problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow instructions to complete clear and concise reports.
- Ability to interact with diverse cultures and populations.
- Understand the fundamental operations of the department and how to facilitate engagement with other county departments, partners, and outside agencies.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or the ability to obtain an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Other: Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.