Case Aide V Adult Protective Services - 162354
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Takes referrals of at-risk adult abuse, neglect, exploitation, and/or self-neglect from the community, either by telephone, in person from walk-in clients, via fax, or by mail. This position also determines initial eligibility for Health First Colorado (formally Medicaid), including Long Term Care. Delivers customer service in a professional and courteous manner. Communicates knowledge of community resources for food, clothing, legal assistance, medical care/assistance, etc.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Obtains pertinent information including dates, names, addresses, and abuse, neglect, exploitation, and/or self-neglect allegations accurately.
- Gathers detailed descriptions of the original allegations from the reporting party along with additional information related to abuse and neglect.
- Delivers customer service in a professional and courteous manner.
- Determines if callers have the right to information, according to the rules of confidentiality.
- Communicates county and community resources for food, clothing, medical assistance and care, mental health, legal assistance, etc., to callers.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal colleagues, community agencies, and reporting parties.
- Models positive, professional behaviors for others; confronts behaviors in a non-judgmental, effective manner; deescalates crisis situations.
- Processes Medicaid applications.
- Assists supervisor and caseworkers as determined by unit needs.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Ability to utilize communication and listening skills within the organization and with the community.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to use various electronic systems, including CBMS, CAPS, and Microsoft Programs.
- Ability to document accurate and professionally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive an harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- More Qualifications for Success
Experience: Requires at least 1-year experience determining eligibility in CBMS for Medicaid.
Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
License or Certificate: Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.