Case Services Aide IV - Weekend Screening - Child Protection Team -164451
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
We are seeking a reliable, caring professional to take referrals of child abuse/neglect from the community either by telephone, in person from walk-in clients, via fax, or mail; deliver customer service in a professional and courteous manner; communicate knowledge of community resources for food, clothing, legal, medical, etc.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Obtains pertinent information including dates, names, addresses, and abuse/neglect/exploitation or self-neglect allegations accurately and enters it into the county/state system.
- Gathers detailed description of the original allegations from the reporting party along with additional information related to abuse and neglect.
- Delivers customer service in a professional and courteous manner.
- Determines if callers have the right to information according to the rules of confidentiality.
- Communicates information regarding county and community resources for food, clothing, medical, mental health, legal etc. to callers.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal colleagues, community agencies, and reporting parties.
- Displays positive, professional behaviors for others, confronts behaviors in a non-judgmental, effective manner and deescalates crisis situations.
- Assists managers and other staff as determined.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Skilled communication and listening skills within the organization and with the community.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to use various electronic systems including CBMS, CAPS and Microsoft programs; typing skills.
- Ability to document accurately and professionally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: One year of job-related experience
- Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. in the office; plus two 8-hour days of your choice in the office Monday through Friday.
- This schedule is non-negotiable other than the work days Monday through Friday.