Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
This is an entry level position that focuses on receiving and applying tax payment to tax accounts via the Treasurer's software (Tyler) and provides a high level of customer service.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Answers questions about tax accounts.
- Provides high level, prompt, courteous, and professional service through answering phones and in person.
- Receives, verifies, and applies tax payments.
- Processes miscellaneous cash receipts from other departments.
- Opens and processes all daily incoming mail.
- Drafts professional correspondence to citizens.
- Performs daily archiving and reconciliations.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: One (1) year of related experience in cashiering, customer service, and/or banking.
- Education and Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree is preferred.
- License or Certificate: Notary Public certificate is desired.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.