Child Care Provider
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Provides child care services to support clients and foster care providers, guardians, and
professional social caseworkers. Provides direct oversight and supervision of children who have been abused/neglected and may have special needs.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provides supervision and child care for children who have been abused/neglected. Identifies signs of emotional or developmental concerns in children and brings to attention of parent, guardian, or assigned workers.
- Possesses knowledge and ability to manage and care for children who display behavioral trauma and require positive redirection.
- Observes and monitors children's play activities.
- Assists in preparing refreshments. Changes diapers and dresses children as needed.
- Organizes and assists in planning activities for children in care as appropriate.
- Plans, organizes, and participates in creative age-appropriate activities (i.e., crafts, drawing, coloring, reading, songs). Cleans, organizes, and stores toys and materials.
- Develops and maintains records on children to include information regarding special needs, concerns, allergies, and incidents.
- Monitors the Children's Waiting Area's calendar and assists in scheduling according to space availability and need.
- Assists in escorting children to foster care providers, guardians, CSA's, or caseworkers.
- Participates in training for further development of skills.
- Compiles statistical data as needed.
- Participates in team meetings.
- Performs supportive casework duties that may include making copies, filing, document scanning, and other duties as identified/required.
- May provide transportation for children as requested.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: One year performing child care duties.
- Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED.
- License or Certificate: Valid Colorado driver's license, within 30 days of hire.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.