Classroom Aide - 160731
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Watch our Head Start Teacher video!
Join our team of high-quality Early Childhood Education teachers in the classroom and support children's joy and learning by providing quality interactions; providing breaks for team members; setting up nutritious meals; and being a positive and excited learner and team player! Contribute to the closing of the achievement gap.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Assist teachers with the preparation of meals for children.
- Assist teachers with the supervision of children inside and outside of the classroom.
- Perform routine classroom maintenance and janitorial duties.
- Perform a variety of duties related to instructional activities as required.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and center events as requested.
- Provide breaks for education staff.
- Attend professional development training as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Qualifications for Success
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Needs of children in a childcare setting.
- Appropriate activities for children of various ages and skill levels.
- Learn operations services and activities of the Head Start program.
- Learn and apply the policies/procedures of the Head Start program and the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Work with children with special needs.
- Obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentially.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude and appearance.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve and a passion for exceeding customer service expectations.
- Maintain flexibility with changes in daily schedule.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Six months experience working with preschool children.
- Education and Training: At least a High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Background Check: Ability to pass CBI & FBI background check and Central Registry check. A Motor Vehicle record check will be conducted.
- Other: Must complete physical examination and TB test upon hire.