- What Success Looks Like In This Job
This is a great entry level Compensation & HRIS opportunity for someone just starting out or looking for a career transition to be part of our growing team in the People & Culture department at Adams County. The Senior Compensation Analyst will mentor the incumbent as they learn various aspects of Compensation and HRIS while working with the recruiting team to determine job offers for new hires and promotional employees.
What we are looking for:
- An applicant with general HR experience and an interest in Compensation specific work
- Someone interested in learning compensation and HRIS from experienced professional staff
- A person who likes numbers, spreadsheets and is also customer service oriented
- An analytical, systems thinker who is also creative and dynamic
- Someone who brings an open mind and willingness to learn from others
- A person who is flexible and can adapt to new situations and changing priorities
- A team player who is willing to help others and shift support to where it is needed at the time
- Someone who is aligned with Adams County's mission, vision and resonates with our values...
- To responsibly serve the Adams County community with integrity and innovation.
- To provide our community with a safe, healthy environment in which to work, raise families, and build businesses.
- Positive Work Environment: Providing a respectful, professional work environment that will attract, retain, and motivate our workforce.
- Servant Leadership: Put the needs of others first and help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Excellence: Strive to create a world class customer service experience by encouraging creativity, a service culture, and continuous improvement.
- Teamwork: Working together on behalf of the Adams County community.
- Transparency: Openly engaging employees and citizens in the operations of county government.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Exports data into Excel and builds spreadsheets using correct formulas, notes, and links between tables and worksheets.
- Maintains and monitors county employees' performance appraisals, appraisal history, and employee supervisor information.
- Creates and monitors proposed budget positions as requested by the Finance Department.
- Supports and backs up HRIS Specialists by entering data regarding new hires, changes in employee status, terminations, merit increases, market adjustments, career progressions, and reclassifications.
- Assists JDE Application specialist in developing and running monthly, annual and custom reports using crystal reports
- Assists in administration of County Wide performance management software system and related processes
- Based on a compensation market analysis, makes market adjustments to salary ranges; assists in the preparation of the annual pay plan and salary portion of the countywide budget.
- Conducts and coordinates data gathering, reporting, and assists in the administration of the annual pay plan.
- Provides administrative and technical support in compensation, including writing and updating job descriptions, evaluating jobs, and determining their classification.
- Assists in the maintenance of the compensation program and with collecting and analyzing data.
- Assists in preparing survey submissions, market assessments, analyzes survey results, and performs other analyses as needed.
- Assists in compiling compensation data in support of labor relations negotiations.
- Supports development and maintains compensation data, tables and overall set-up in all HRIS systems; maximizes HRIS system capabilities to administer all compensation programs effectively and efficiently.
- Conducts studies for specific functional areas; analyzes market trends; completes statistical reports and assists in the development of recommendations and action plans designed to attract, retain, and reward employees.
- Assists in resolution of routine compensation concerns and responds to issues and questions from departmental managers, supervisors, and other county staff.
- Gathers data and prepares survey questionnaires for participation in various external salary and compensation surveys.
- Creates training presentations for compensation plan.
- Provides training on compensation plan to county employees.
- Documents procedures to streamline current processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- TO BE SUCCESSFUL, OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations (e.g., add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Ability to logically analyze a problem from different perspectives and generate potential solutions that are practical and effective. Includes dissecting a problem, assessing interrelationships among the parts, and drawing logical and feasible conclusions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a group or team to achieve a common goal. Includes foregoing self-interests for the good of the team, fostering commitment from other team members to a group goal, and actively participating in the group.
- Ability to review data to identify and perform appropriate statistical operations. Includes the ability to understand and apply the basic concepts of statistics and probability theory to identify trends, problems, and relationships among data.
- Ability to foresee problems or opportunities and strategically plan to address or take advantage of them. Includes developing long-term goals or a vision that incorporates progressive and achievable short-term or intermediate goals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure the completeness and accuracy of work performed by oneself and/or others.
- Knowledge of HR functions and processes such as HR, Benefits, and Payroll.
- Knowledge of Oracle JDE Enterprise One Payroll, Benefits, and HR modules.
- Ability and willingness to adjust to changing work demands, procedures, technology, and/or priorities
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel is required; experience working with Crystal Reports or another enterprise level reporting tool is preferred.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in Establishing, maintaining, and fostering positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to work under stress from demanding deadlines, public contact, and changing priorities and conditions.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: At least three years of related experience in human resources and/or HRIS is required; strong functional knowledge of Human Resources business processes; must possess a proven ability to understand HR data and be responsible for the accuracy of HR data; proficiency in Excel and experience with an automated HRIS system, preferably JD Edwards, is also required.
- Education and Training: Must possess at least an associate degree or higher (or equivalent experience) with major in Human Resources, Business Administration, Math or related field.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Physical and Mental Effort: Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities that permits the employee to communicate effectively by phone and in person. Sufficient vision or other powers of observation that permits the employee to review, evaluate and prepare a variety of written/electronic documents and materials. Sufficient manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a computer and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to work in an office setting. Work may include extended periods of time viewing a computer monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
Work Environment: Works primarily in a clean, comfortable office environment. Works in a setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
Machines and equipment used include but are not limited to the following: Frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, phones, calculators and copy machines.