Compliance Analyst - Assessor - 160077
Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
- Senior level professional in the Assessor's office
- The professional position will create, coordinate, and administer Appraisal valuation processes for all property types, using industry standards and techniques accepted by the DPT and IAAO.
- The essential professional level position will review current Assessor valuation processes and through expertise, help to create regression models for all residential properties and assist Commercial staff in market analysis and model creation.
- The professional position will ensure that the Adams County Assessor's Office is in full compliance with State Auditor procedures and policies and will also ensure that employees follow guidelines established by the dpt in the ARL's.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Statistical compliance measures will include current technological uses and associated software support and emphasize, by department, the steps necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Compliance statistics will envelope software application and the utilization of current software functions expanding globally to obtain objective related to efficiencies.
- The professional position will develop and deploy a statistical compliance umbrella to be utilized throughout the Assessor's office for all valuation models.
- Perform time studies and sales ratio analysis in a timely manner, as assigned, to regularly determine the quality of existing valuation functions on all property types and ensure compliance with state rules and regulations.
- Analyze time studies and recommend enhancement and innovation of processes to ensure that the office remains in compliance with statutory and procedural guidelines, established for and/or by the Assessor's Office.
- Analyze depreciation tables to ensure they reflect the market depreciation in Adams County for each reappraisal cycle.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the economic areas and neighborhood delineation every reappraisal cycle, in conjunction with the Deputy Assessor and staff.
- Create and maintain multiple regression models for all residential property types for every reappraisal cycle.
- Assist with sales maintenance and validation process to ensure compliance with state rules, regulations, and audit.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- SPSS software and its use in mass appraisal valuation.
- Standards and ethics established by the International Association of Assessing Officers.
- Appraisal techniques and methodology for personal property valuation.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of general accounting principles and methodologies.
- Adams County mapping system and parcel identification using ESRI products.
- Available information, resources, and strong research skills.
- Operate office equipment, such as computer hardware and software programs, copy and fax machines, and phone systems.
- Provide leadership and encouragement to employees.
- Understand, interpret, and communicate state rules and regulations and tax code guidelines.
- Be proficient in discerning legal documentation, such as bulk transfer, Form TD-1000, bankruptcy case filings, and tax or accounting documents such as depreciation schedules (IRS), expense statements, declarations schedules, and equipment lists.
- Work under stress to meet deadlines.
- Perform the essential functions of this position.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- More Qualifications for Success
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Experience: Five (5) years of related work experience in property tax assessment, involving statistical processing.
- Education and Training:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree with major course work in computer science, statistical analysis, or a related field.
- Additional skills acquired through formal training or hands-on experience in the field of real property assessment is preferred.
- License or Certificate: Certified General Appraisal License Preferred.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Work is performed indoors in a confined office environment as well as outdoors.
- Work may be stressful due to numerous deadlines.