Deputy County Manager -- Community Services & Public Involvement
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Join a dynamic leadership team driving an agenda of innovation and inclusion across the growing Adams County community. Lead with our County Manager in creating a culture in which employees thrive and we deliver excellence to our community. Provide strategic leadership, collaboration, and planning related to Adams County government's mission, vision, and values.
Specifically, this highly visible leadership role will provide strategic and operational leadership to the departments of Human Services, Community Safety & Wellbeing, Colorado Air and Spaceport, and the Animal Shelter. This leader will establish short- and long-term departmental priorities, goals, and objectives; organize and direct special projects and work teams; identify and implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement and customer service in all areas; and ensure that department initiatives are in alignment with the mission, vision, and goals of the Board of County Commissioners.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources to collaboratively develop innovative plans to accelerate the success of Adams County community services while strengthening the culture of the teams providing that service
- Perform high level strategic planning, project management, and public representation work.
- Identify, develop, and implement agency-wide initiatives and goals in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, department directors, managers, supervisors, employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and initiatives that support the county's organizational culture.
- Oversee the preparation of reports and recommendations to the County Manager and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Human Services, Community Safety & Wellbeing, Colorado Air and Spaceport, and Animal Shelter Departments.
- Represent the county at a wide range of community meetings and governmental initiatives, as directed by the County Manager.
- Select, develop and grow leaders and teams in Human Services, Community Safety and Wellbeing, Colorado Air and Spaceport and the Animal Shelter
- Identify and initiate solutions to major issues involving policy, service delivery, and organizational change and direction.
- Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with laws, codes, regulations, policies, contracts, grants and procedures related to areas of responsibility; modify programs, projects, procedures, and services to ensure compliance with standards and best practices.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible administrative and managerial/leadership experience in a public or private organization is required.
- Experience in local government administration including Human Services is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science, or a related field is required.
- A Master's Degree is preferred.
- A combination of technical and professional development experience or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.