Event Services Technician - Temporary
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Perform a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor tasks related to the execution of special events hosted at County buildings and facilities while providing excellent customer service for all guests.
Note: This position requires night and weekend shift work, as well as extended work weeks during the annual Adams County Fair or as needed for special events throughout the year.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Assist with the planning, scheduling, coordination and proper execution of contracted events.
- Identify equipment needs and essential inventory for each event.
- Deliver excellent customer service to clients and patrons.
- Participate in the execution of special events and the Adams County Fair.
- Maintain event spaces, rooms, offices, restrooms, food areas, etc. in order to make all building presentable for events.
- Prepare facilities by assisting with set up and tear down for special events and contracted events; move panels, stages, tables, chairs, and sound systems; clean up after events including buildings and barns; secure facilities.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties including dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming, scrubbing, stripping, and waxing floors.
- Clean, maintain and sanitize restrooms; stock restrooms with necessary supplies.
- Inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs; assist with minor repairs and basic maintenance of facilities.
- Perform winterizing maintenance in facilities; remove snow as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with co-workers and patrons attending events.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, team-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dependable and professional.
- Knowledge of general methods, practices, and equipment used in building cleaning, basic maintenance services and activities..
- Basic tools and equipment used in building cleaning, maintenance, reconstruction, and repair work.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in cleaning.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary precautions applicable to assigned work.
- Knowledge of event planning and management.
- Ability to learn how to operate a variety of equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner. Learn County policies, procedures, and codes related to facility cleaning, maintenance, and repair.
- Perform minor or routine maintenance and repairs.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Troubleshoot issues impacting customer experience during events including, but not limited to heating and air conditioning, audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, tablets, printers, scanners, software applications and various audio-visual equipment.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Two (2) years of experience in a front-line customer service position, as well as, general maintenance and repair activities.
- Proficiency in various equipment and hand tool operation preferred.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Additional training and or education in Special Events Management or a related field preferred.
- License or Certificate: Candidates must possess, or have the the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 100 pounds; exposure to noise, outdoors, confining work space, electrical hazards, chemicals, dust, mechanical hazards.
- Availability for on-call and stand-by call.
- This position requires night and weekend shift work, as well as extended work weeks during the annual Adams County Fair or as needed for special events throughout the year.