Event Services Technician
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Perform a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled manual labor tasks related to the execution of special events hosted at County buildings and facilities while providing excellent customer service for all guests.
Note: This position requires night and weekend shift work, as well as extended work weeks during the annual Adams County Fair or as needed for special events throughout the year.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Assist with the planning, scheduling, coordination and proper execution of contracted events.
- Identify equipment needs and essential inventory for each event.
- Deliver excellent customer service to clients and patrons.
- Participate in the execution of special events and the Adams County Fair.
- Maintain event spaces, rooms, offices, restrooms, food areas, etc. in order to make all building presentable for events.
- Prepare facilities by assisting with set up and tear down for special events and contracted events; move panels, stages, tables, chairs, and sound systems; clean up after events including buildings and barns; secure facilities.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties including dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming, scrubbing, stripping, and waxing floors.
- Clean, maintain and sanitize restrooms; stock restrooms with necessary supplies.
- Inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs; assist with minor repairs and basic maintenance of facilities.
- Perform winterizing maintenance in facilities; remove snow as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Two (2) years of experience in a front-line customer service position, as well as, general maintenance and repair activities.
- Proficiency in various equipment and hand tool operation preferred.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Additional training and or education in Special Events Management or a related field preferred.
- License or Certificate: Candidates must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- More Qualifications for Success
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 100 pounds; exposure to noise, outdoors, confining work space, electrical hazards, chemicals, dust, mechanical hazards.
- Availability for on-call and stand-by call.
- This position requires night and weekend shift work, as well as extended work weeks during the annual Adams County Fair or as needed for special events throughout the year.