Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will perform a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance, and cleaning of County buildings.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Clean, polish, dust, and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures: including but not limited to mirrors, sinks, urinals, and toilets. Replenish restroom supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, and polish hard floors.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpeted areas and dust baseboards.
- Dust furniture, fixtures, window sills, countertops, and equipment.
- Clean and polish glass and metal surfaces.
- Spot clean walls.
- Clean and polish interior and exterior of elevators.
- Sweep stairwells and disinfect hand rails.
- Empty, clean, and sanitize waste & recycling receptacles.
- Responds to emergency custodial needs.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Knowledge of proper cleaning methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work.
- Safe work practices.
- Ability to operate a variety of custodial equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, in English, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Computer skills: Basic knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and JDE.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Minimum two (2) years custodial experience.
- Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in basic English.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 50-pounds.
- Exposure to cold, heat, confining work space, electrical hazards, vibration, chemicals, and dust.
- Must be available for shift work.