Federal Funding Specialist - IV-E/TANF MOE
Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Determines IV-E eligibility of children in out of home care which brings in Federal monies to the County to offset Foster Care allocation.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Determines and re-determines eligibility on all children in out-of-home placement and establishes sub-adoption eligibility.
- Researches State and internal database systems and analyzes family data and household composition.
- Interprets Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Regulations and Child Welfare Regulations.
- Changes funding source codes in TRAILS system to ensure Federal funding is generated.
- Coordinates records for all State Foster Care Reviews (FCR) and acts as the IV-E liaison between the County and Foster Care Reviewers.
- Determines and re-determines eligibility on cases opened in Trails to establish risk of removal into publicly funded care.
- Changes funding source codes in TRAILS system to ensure State Funding is generated for Maintenance of Effort (MOE).
- Enter family composition as a Family Preservation case into CBMS for MOE eligible cases.
- Send notification letter to Head of Household to apply for TANF services, FS, etc.
- Send TANF workers notification of Family Preservation Special Indicators.
- Make changes to cases as children leave and return home.
- Close CBMS Family Preservations cases as household cases close in Trails.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Qualifications for Success
- Knowledge of Volume VII, Knowledge of Volume III, AFDC/TANF regulations, office policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize State and internal database systems.
- Ability to interpret State regulations.
- Input data accurately and detect errors/make corrections.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Three (3) years experience in a similar field.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Behavioral Science, Business or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may substitute for for the required years of experience on a year for year basis.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.