Internal COVID Response Coordinator - Project Designated
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
The COVID Response Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the County’s internal COVID response, including coordination of vaccine tracking and testing for employees, advising employees and supervisors regarding appropriate workplace protocols, and ensuring that employees have access to necessary protective equipment. Determines whether quarantines or other protective measures are necessary for the workplace, ordering and distribution of personal protective equipment, and coordination of customer safety.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Successfully organizes and tracks employee vaccination status and coordinates with vendor to operate testing program for employees.
- Assists with scheduling employees for testing and addressing any operational concerns.
- Works with employees and supervisors to address noncompliance with testing program.
- Advises employees and management regarding appropriate workplace safety protocols, including necessity for quarantine, etc.
- Ensures that all departments and offices within the County have sufficient personal protective equipment.
- Ensures that safety measures are implemented to protect customers entering County facilities.
- Assist with other risk management or human resources functions as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications for Success
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge -- Basic knowledge of customer service best practices
- Skills - Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to deescalate situations
- Computer Skills - Basic skills needed
- Communication - Strong skills needed to direct employees.
- Mechanical - Basic skills needed to operate assigned equipment.
- Project Management - Must have good planning, scheduling, record keeping and organizational skills.
- More Qualifications for Success
An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant job experience may be substituted
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years-experience in building security/customer relations, human resources, risk management, or other related field
Required Driver's License:
- Valid Colorado driver's license
Background Check: Must pass a criminal (CBI) background check.
Other: May be required to wear PPE during course of daily work to include mask, face shield and gloves.