Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Support attorneys in the Adams County Attorney's Office by providing administrative support for a variety of legal practice areas.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Calendar court appearances and deadlines and assist attorneys with maintaining their calendars.
- Assist attorneys with the preparation of legal correspondence and pleadings.
- File and retrieve court filings using electronic filing system.
- Review filings and determine appropriate responsive action.
- Maintain organized file management system for large caseloads, including electronic and paper files.
- Assist in review and preparation of cases for court.
- Assist attorneys with securing and organizing exhibits and preparing trial notebooks.
- Provide general secretarial and clerical support to the County Attorney's office.
- Act as receptionist, providing information and assistance to County staff and the public.
- Screen telephone calls and requests for information and route calls for appropriate response.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two (2) years of office experience in a legal office or with the courts.
- Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- College-level course work or certificate program in legal field is desirable.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Other: Ability to work in a standard office environment.