Management Analyst - Senior
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
This position strengthens internal operations and cross team collaboration needed across several divisions and programs to support and enhance an outcome-based Human Services delivery system. The department is seeking to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability. This position has regular interaction with the Director position, Deputy Directors, and various program Division Managers. The position determines the tactical plans needed to impact county and overall program implementation steps necessary to improve or sustain performance. This position interprets the relevance of professional research, evaluation, and data analysis theory, concepts, and principles to specific circumstances to determine approaches to accomplishing the department's work. The position holds a unique level of technical expertise to independently design, implement, and interpret research and evaluation intended to continuously improve service delivery.
This position develops strategies to continuously improve service delivery. The incumbent provides expert analysis of data trends for the department in order to determine areas needing improvement and how to drive strategies at the program level. Purpose of contact involves clarifying and interpreting information, data, research, conclusions, and recommendations, and negotiating with others to obtain support and cooperation related to recommended program modifications to improve program performance and outcomes.
This position manages projects autonomously, setting appropriate goals, guiding implementation, and producing high-quality products that demonstrate the integrity and effectiveness of the Department's work.
Department leaders rely on the recommendations of the position regarding program strategies, forecasting and trend analysis. Based on the outcomes of the reports generated by the position, develops and makes policy and process recommendations that will best serve the Department and promote essential outcomes.
These goals are accomplished through:
1. Defining programmatic directives and effectiveness
2. Program development and interpretation
3. Data Analytics and Evaluation
4. Continuous improvement strategies5. Management of Board and Committee to create alignment to department priorities
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provides high-level analytical support to the Human Services Director by performing project oversight and management analysis to support decision-making and strategic direction of the Director and Deputy Directors.
- Provide Director with accurate and timely information to support decision making and programmatic decisions.
- Provide high-level written material relating to performance and other Department priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with programs to evaluate and interpret data to identify root causes impacting performance; in collaboration, develop strategies to address areas for continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve program outcomes.
- Analyze and evaluate, on a quantitative and/or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives; uses performance data to identify areas of concern or promise.
- Monitor projects and work items and keep the Director informed about projects and issues of importance.
- Conducts complex studies and surveys; collects, compiles and analyzes information; develops and evaluates options, prepares and presents recommendations for review by executive leadership team.
- Research and prepare reports and recommendations in relation to assigned projects.
- Takes responsibility for completion of all special projects as assigned.
- Represents the County at various business and organizational meetings as needed; makes presentations to various groups.
- Keeps apprised of projects occurring within the department.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a government agency (preferably Human Services).
Education and Training: Bachelor's degree with course work in business administration or public administration or a related field. Prefer Master's degree in public administration or closely related field.
Additional education preferred and may be considered in lieu of the experience on a year for year basis.
License or Certificate: None.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.