Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Project oriented position based on the needs of the Sheriff’s Office
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Adhere to policy, procedures, and post orders.
- Responsible for the protection of life and property; prevention of crimes; apprehension of criminals.
- Duties include but not limited to, answer calls for service; complete appropriate and required paperwork; testify in court; resolve conflict; complete required training; communicate clearly with citizens and other law enforcement professionals; dispense information to those who need it
- Prepare variety of reports.
- Enforce Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Patrol assigned area to enforce laws, investigate crimes, and arrest violators.
- Investigate illegal or suspicious activities or persons, quell disturbances, arrest violators
- Conduct preliminary investigation at the scene of a crime, administer first aid, and gather evidence.
- Establish traffic control and Deputy protection at incidents that may attract crowds.
- Serve civil papers, court documents, and subpoenas
- Participate and complete annual law enforcement driving certification.
- Participate and complete 16 hours of annual training in the area of P.P.C.T. Must be certified every quarter.
- Participate in training ( Quarterly Range Qualification, PPCT, Taser, OC Re-Certification)
- Perform Deputy Duties at parades, processions, demonstrations, community activities, and sporting events.
- Check and report on deficient streetlights, signs, road surfaces and other facilities that serve the public
- Perform other duties that are assigned
- Qualifications for Success
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must have correctable vision to 20/40
- Ability to be assertive and self-motivated
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- A valid Colorado Driver’s License
- P.O.S.T certified Peace Officer