- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Position will be assigned to either the Jail Division or the Patrol Division. Job duties and responsibilities will be performed under the general supervision of the Records Supervisors in accordance with our established policies and procedures. This position requires the ability to perform a variety of complex clerical and communication tasks. Performance of job duties and responsibilities will be reviewed for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Must be able to operate related computer equipment, radio, and telephone communication systems
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks accurately
- Maintains confidentiality of information consistent with applicable state and federal laws
- Extensive work on the CCIC/NCIC computer system
- Answers and handles a high volume of phone calls
- Monitors visitation videos and/or building cameras
- Assist citizen inquiries such as obtaining copies of reports for court, insurance agencies, counseling, professional and family visits, and bonds.
- Process and collect fees for records requests
- Process and collect records for District Attorney’s Office and other law enforcement agencies
- Filing, scanning, and auditing of records into archival system
- Perform a variety of inquiries, entries, and modifications in the Records and Jail Management Systems
- Confers and directs citizens to appropriate departments.
- Adheres to the statutory requirements for the access and dissemination of all criminal justice records and all legal issues associated with dissemination
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Qualifications for Success
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CCIC/NCIC certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience desired including public contact and computer usage
- More Qualifications for Success
- Ability to deal with a variety of people
- Ability to handle numerous tasks at one time and must be able to complete each task with accuracy
- Good organization skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must adhere to the confidentiality policy as it applies to this position.
SPECIAL NOTE: For all applicants, this is a reminder of the original job posting where it stated: "Applicants may be excluded from further consideration at any point in the hiring process. By Sheriff’s Office policy, the reasons why an applicant is not selected for hire will not be discussed with the applicant. There is no flexibility with this policy. If an applicant receives notice of elimination from the hiring process, it simply means the applicant’s qualifications do not fit the Office’s needs at this time. This determination does not preclude the applicant from applying to other agencies."