Seasonal Weed & Forestry Technician
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Under direction, participates in the identification and management of weed infestations, as well as perform a variety of duties involved in the implementation of a community forestry program on County owned Property, in parks, trails and County owned right of ways; participates in an integrated pest management program and tree management program. The person in this position provides skilled and semi-skilled assistance to the Parks Weed and Forestry Crew Leader.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Apply EPA registered herbicides on Adams County open space and roadsides to noxious weeds.
- Keep accurate records of all herbicide applications and tree inventory.
- Operate various equipment including County vehicles, ATV, spray equipment and County computer equipment.
- Collect data for the County tree inventory program.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in forestry, landscape management, pesticide application and/or related field.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- License or Certificate:
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado drivers license.
- Must possess a Pesticide Applicators license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, outdoors, chemical and mechanical hazards.
- More Qualifications for Success
Note: This is a seasonal, position that typically works between the months of April and October.