Technical Help Desk Associate I
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
This entry-level position (Tier 1) will be responsible for providing excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate in person and via telephone to troubleshoot hardware and software applications and programs and escalate as necessary to reduce downtime on end-user productivity. The primary responsibility of the Technical Help Desk Associate I (Tier 1) is to provide first-level hardware and software support for Adams County's computing infrastructure; filter Help Desk calls and provide basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions, ticket routing and escalation to Tier 2, Tier 3, and ITi applications support as needed. A Tier 1 tech gathers and analyzes information about the user's issue and determines the best way to resolve their problem. Tier 1 may also provide support for identified Tier 2 and Tier 3 issues where configuration solutions have already been documented.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Assist customers remotely over the phone, via remote control software or in person.
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop, software, peripheral, and clinical application issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mobile computing and communications device issues, e.g. smartphones and tablets.
- Act as an initial escalation path for issues that require advanced troubleshooting or work beyond established time frames.
- Configure and deploy desktops, laptops, monitors, and related peripherals to end-users.
- Facilitate warranty service where applicable.
- Accurately and thoroughly record information into ticket tracking software.
- Follow up and communicate ticket information to users when appropriate.
- Per our County Mission statement, "to responsibly serve the Adams County community with integrity and innovation", this position will own and pursue integrity and innovation.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Qualifications for Success
- Effective and efficient customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated and organized; able to prioritize and execute tasks under direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and develop a positive and harmonious working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Computer Skills:Windows Operating Systems (OS); Microsoft Office products; Android and iOS platforms; Active Directory; local and network-based printing; wired and wireless networking.
- Ability to travel to other facilities as required within the scope of the job.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Experience: One (1) to two (2) years of verifiable experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems, and network connectivity.
- Education and Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk, up to 8 hours a day.
- Repeated movements including standing, sitting, kneeling, lifting, and bending in and around users' desks.