Training Lead Worker - CCAP
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
We are seeking a professional candidate to assist the Child Care Assistance Program with organizing and providing training to CCAP employees within Economic Security and Aging Services.
- Examples of Duties for Success
Assist the Child Care Assistance Program in carrying out the following:
* Conduct/Deliver trainings for new employees as well as ongoing training for veteran staff.
* Provide one-on-one and hands-on training and support to staff.
* Coordinate, as necessary, with other offices and staff, on training content and methods.
* Make recommendations regarding training needs and Training Plan.
* Maintain and regularly update a Training Plan with appropriate input from others.
* Establish instructional objectives and methods to meet them.
* Develop training curricula utilizing existing resources and expertise whenever possible.
* Update training curricula as necessary.
* Deliver training curricula either by conducting training and/or garnering expertise of others.
* Assess effectiveness of training provided; modify future training accordingly.
* Create and update training manuals and materials.
* Post training materials in an organized fashion.
* Track individual employee training records.
* Participate in training sessions and meetings that will enhance training capabilities.
* Compile requested reports that document training accomplishments, concerns, and priorities.
* Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
* Rules and regulations of the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program
* Principles and practices of training adult learners
* Child Care Automated Tracking Systems (CHATS)
* Office policies and procedures
* Listen in various settings for indicators of training needs; prioritize and track those needs
* Translate identified employee training needs into training classes, materials and learning objectives
* Speak effectively to audiences of varying sizes
* Assess responsiveness and understanding of a group of learners and quickly modify training as needed
* Determine best methods and approaches (e.g., hands-on computer, webinar, lecture, interactive discussion, etc.) to train on particular topics
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Develop and provide face-to-face training for groups of varying sizes
* Maintain a large amount of information in an organized and accessible fashion
* Multi task successfully including working on several projects and activities at the same time
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external staff related to training
- More Qualifications for Success
- One year of the work experience must have been at the journey level (such as county-level Community Support Specialist).
- Prefer individuals with experience providing training for adults in a professional setting, utilizing Child Care Automated Tracking System and recent eligibility determination for Human Services public assistance programs with a focus on Child Care Assistance Program
- Associate's Degree or higher (e.g., BA) required in Human Services, Communications, Education, Business or another appropriately related field.
- Significant work experience (4+ years of full time responsible office clerical or extensive public contact) may substitute for the required Associate's degree.
More Qualifications for Success
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment.
- DAYS/HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.