Treasury Professional I
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
This is a professional level position that requires 4 years of professional level experience in a treasury or banking environment or equivalent experience. The position works independently with little supervision and owns the entire process related to their job description; to receive, process, verify, and resolve discrepancies of property tax payments from taxpayers within Adams County; to answer questions from the public within scope of authority; to research and apply statutes and resolutions; to think critically and analytically in solving problems; speak publicly at Treasury Office events, and represent the Treasurer's Office in a competent, ethical and professional manner.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Proficiency in all Treasurer's Office procedures and software (e.g. EagleTyler, Excel, QuickBooks).
- Research and apply statutes and resolutions to taxpayer accounts.
- Proficiency in all aspects cash handling and postings of taxes received.
- Evaluate and ensure accuracy of taxpayer accounts, record original entries and make adjusting accounting entries as needed to correct accounts.
- Research and resolve taxpayer, special districts, cities and others' inquiries and problems.
- Employ analytical skills to reach innovative and effective solutions.
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve speed, accuracies, and efficiencies.
- Communicate effectively and represent the Treasurer's Office in a professional manner.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Minimum of four (4) years as Property Tax Technician III or the equivalent professional experience in a banking or treasury position (or other, on a case-by-case basis, under review of the Treasurer).
- Education and Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance or the equivalent level of professional experience to substitute for the degree on a year for year basis is required.
- License or Certificate: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), is desired, but not required.
- Current/valid Colorado Driver License